When we started the Basketball Elite Southeast Summer Showcase last year, the goal was pretty straightforward. We wanted every player to walk out of the gym better than when they walked in, and we wanted to give them a chance at some more exposure. By our accounts, it was a resounding first-year success. Several players who attended now have college offers and some are finishing up their first seasons at the collegiate level. We expect quite a few of the inaugural class to end up playing at some level of college. Tony Nunn, last year’s MVP, now has offers from Charlotte and Cincinnati and has interest from Xavier and Wake Forest, among others. Tony’s coming back to this year’s event even stronger, and we have several players already lined up who will contend for this year’s MVP honors.
Check out this year’s event site here.
The top purpose of this event is to walk out the gym as a better player than you arrived.
The second purpose is to be scouted and raise your profile in an environment where scouts and coaches can see your overall game.
This will be a chance to participate in one of the best events of the summer:
* Elite skills mini camp by position
* High school coaches running all on court games & drills
* Experienced high school referees
* Reversible Event Jerseys
* Guaranteed minimum of two games with a chance to play in the all-star game
* All games will be filmed in HD and made available to scouting services and coaches across the country
* Attending parents and players will recieve valuable recruiting insight from guest expert speakers
* Division II, Division III, JuCo and NAIA college coaches in attendance
* MVP Award
* Media Coverage
* Dunk Contest
Cost: $90, Deadline to register: April, 20 2012.
You can check out the reports from last year’s event here.
Sign up to attend this year’s event here.