By Marcus Shockley
Peter Jurkin delighted Indiana Hoosier fans when he decided to head to Midwest to play his college basketball, bringing with him a true center’s game to the storied basketball school. We caught up with Peter and he offered his take on 7 Questions.
1. What are the biggest reasons for choosing Indiana?
I have family that lives there, I enjoyed the campus when I visit, and I believe the coaching staff can continue my development!
2. We saw you play last May in the Bob Gibbons TOC and you tried to block everything that came in the paint. With your size and athleticism, do you feel that this is the strongest part of your game?
Yes, I enjoy defending but I have other aspects of my game that hasn’t been shown!
3. What parts of your game are you working on this summer?
Getting stronger and polishing up my post game!
4. Now that you’ve committed, what does your spring and summer look like? Will you be playing the same amount and events as before, or trying something different?
Spring and summer(getting healthier) and getting ready for some tournaments, not all!
5. Do you have a player (at any level, college or pro) that you admire?
Yes, Kevin Garnett and Dwight Howard.
6. A lot of big men today want to become forwards, but you look very much at home in the paint. Do you see yourself as a pure center?
7. If you could tell people one thing about you that you wish they to knew, what would it be?
I’m very humble and I’m a good artist…really!
Hey, if you like this kind of basketball coverage, do yourself a favor and sign up for the BasketballElite.com newsletter, which is free for basketball lovers.