Photo Source: NY2LA
JaQuel Richmond (PG, 6’1″, 2014) worked his way into the recruiting lexicon this summer as he started to get noticed – and recruited – by some pretty big name schools. JaQuel plays alongside some very talented AAU teammates on the CP3 All-Stars, and he proved he is an elite guard at the CP3 elite skills camp this year. JaQuel’s calling card is his quickness and ability to get to the bucket, and he has a knack of creating a mid range shot for himself seemingly at will.
We caught up with JaQuel on his latest offers, what he’s working on right now and few other things in today’s edition of 7 questions.
1. The first question is always about your current college options. Which schools have offered, and which schools are you currently considering/talking to?
Charlotte (UNCC), Virginia, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest and Georgetown have offered me so far.
2. Over the summer you got the opportunity to attend some of the biggest camps and events, such as the Chris Paul elite guard camp. What are your thoughts on how your summer went, from the events to playing against top competition?
I honestly would have to say my summer went good, I played against top guards that were in my class at the Peach Jam and in Florida Showcase/Nationals. Playing against those top guards and top players shows others that you can handle that type of pressure during the game and at crunch time, but knowing myself I love to be on the stage and all eyes are on you.
3. What do you think are the strongest parts of your game right now?
The strongest parts of my game right now [are] getting to the basket at any time and attacking that mid-range at all times.
4. What parts of your game are you currently working on?
I am constantly working on my 3 ball because most coaches know that I can get to the cup so they want to see if I can also shoot that 3 ball. So most of my workout I’m constantly putting up shots, at least 600 shots.
5. Do you have a player (at any level, college or pro) that you admire?
I would have to say I admire Kyrie Irvin because we both have that killer instict during the entire game and we can get to the basket with no problem.
6. Do you have any visits planned, or have you already taken any?
October 8th I’m going to Virginia Tech.
Photo Source: Naples News
7. If you could tell people one thing about you that you wish they knew, what would it be?
That I would never be cocky and that I’m always humble.