By James Blackburn
Fayetteville Flight @ Carolina Cheetahs
Cheetahs win 113-107
• Game is very fast moving- Sloppy early- lots of turnovers and bad shots.
• The Flight has a lot of good shooters- but their guards are out of control.
• The Cheetahs are a good defensive team and are great in transition- team is athletic. They showed a full court press in the 1st half that gave the Flight a lot of problems.
• The Cheetahs are deep- 12 players played in the first half and practically all 12 contributed.
• The Cheetahs had an 18 point lead- but The Flight have clawed their way back after some quick shots and technical fouls from the Cheetahs end and the Flights ability to hit the 3.
• The Cheetahs are really struggling to defend the 3 in the 3rd quarter.
• Some of the Cheetahs best players are pulling disappearing acts when they are needed.
• The Cheetahs are starting to figure out the Flights zone in the 4th quarter.
• The Cheetahs are keeping the Flight in the game because of turnovers and trying to do too much on the offensive end-not enough help defense on the defensive end.
• The Flight are doing a much better job in the second half of clogging the lane and taking away easy looks for the Cheetahs.
• Norm Carter made some big plays at the end to lead the Cheetahs to the win. If you haven’t placed your bets yet on games like this, you can do so quickly on sites like 카지노 사이트.
Damien Goodman (6’6”, SF, UNC-Pembroke)
3 TP, 1 assist, 3 rebounds
Smart player- knows how to play the game. Boxes out. Good defender- goes ball side on off ball screens. Draws fouls and gets to the line. Versatile- scorer, defender, and good passer. Played last season in Switzerland for the Boncurt Red. Has experience playing in Uruguay and has played in the ABA for the Georgia Grizzlies in the past.
Terrance Jones (6’7”, F, Livingstone College)
4 TP, 3 rebounds
Big man who knows how to throw his weight around. Has the ability to put the ball on the floor and get to rim. Needs to keep head in game- has lapses where he loses concentration and falls asleep. Skilled player who can score and rebound.
This will be the Jones 4th year playing in the ABA, has also played in the WBA.
Landon Quick (6’1”, PG, High Point University)
11 TP, 2 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals
Dictates the pace of the game-poised and in control. Quick hands. Good body control in air. Smart passer- throws good wrap around entry passes to post. Can break man down off dribble and get to rim where he can distribute or score. Knows when to attack basket in transition and knows when to pull the ball out and set up the offense. Advances the ball with the pass instead of the dribble.
Played last 2 seasons in Iceland
Chris Woods (6’6”, F, Pfeiffer University)
29 TP, 12 rebounds
Came in off the bench and made an immediate impact- scored in a variety of ways- finished at rim, good midrange set shooter. Led the break and scored with the foul. Loves to operate at mid post area- showed a variety of offensive post moves- nice hook shot with either hand. Very strong- gets to block- and holds his position. Can face up defender and go to work- has a good reverse pivot that clears out space- good FT shooter. Go to player offensively. Big time athlete- had a put back dunk in 1st half. Loves to go right and attack basket. Did a good job of leading the break- had a couple of passes that lead to layups. Good weak side rebounder on the defensive end. Made a huge 3 with 1:30 left in game to put Cheetahs up by 5- showing his shooting ability- shot looked a little flat and not much rotation- better player 15’ and in. Had 21 points at half time. Has previous professional experience in Germany. Player of the year at Pfeiffer.
Dupree Hall (6’8”, F, East Mississippi JC)
4 TP, 4 rebounds
High flyer- plays with a lot of energy. Active player- solid all around athlete. Runs the floor hard. Solid rebounder. Raw offensively- looks to be to much in a hurry when he gets ball in post. Needs to improve ability to finish through contact. Got caught out of possession on the defensive end several times.
Jeremy Clayton (6’8”, F, Appalachian State)
12 TP, 10 rebounds, 1 block
Played collegiately at Appalachian State. Athletic and mobile for size. Runs the floor. Solid defender and rebounder. Has professional experience in both Finland and Argentina.